We are excited to announce the first cohort of a fully-sponsored learning program open to the community and potential community members. This learning program aims to help ~60 fellows looking to start their careers in Data Science and Machine Learning get a headstart through project-based learning structured in line with a sponsored Udemy course.
Here is the program timeline:
What will you have access to?
- Lifetime access to a selected Udemy course on beginning Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Teaching assistant to help you navigate technical and career problems.
- A group you can work with.
- Bi-weekly mentorship conversations with data practitioners.
Criteria for selection
To be selected for this learning program, you will need to:
- Be willing to dedicate at least 8 hours of learning and practicing for three months.
- Be available to work with teammates of diverse cultures and origins.
- Be willing to complete all the compulsory assignments, mini-group projects, and a final capstone project.
- Be ready to work with a teaching assistant to provide a weekly learning progress report.
The essential requirements to successfully engage in this program include:
- Working laptop.
- Access to a reliable internet connection for the program duration.
By the end of this program, you should:
- Have a Data Science portfolio to launch your data career.
- Go through interview preparation sessions with data practitioners that will also help you tailor your CV.
- Have your portfolio up on AI School Africa’s new website so potential employers can find you
💪🏽 Interested in kicking off your Data Science and Machine Learning career?
Registration is currently closed.
Got any questions? Leave a comment below or reach us on Twitter @aicommafrica.